10/30/14

recharging


I've got to be honest. I love Starbucks. But not because of the drinks. Because of the people. The one in Lagrange is a particularly favorite spot of mine. The coffee house sounds, smells, and atmosphere fill my senses. The people are interesting and varied and hilarious.Think opening scene of You've Got Mail. I still remember listening to that 'you've got mail' sound on my mom's old computer. Some days I like claiming the past, and watching old chick flicks.

If I were brave enough, I would strike up conversations with other people in Starbucks. There's something about a coffee shop that makes people set down their guards a bit, relax. It's an unassuming environment. I remember several awesome baristas that I would've loved to talked to. And the two long haired and bearded guys in funny shoes, waiting on their drinks and the Korean women chatting over coffee. It would be so easy. But for now, I let the sounds drown me and soak into my soul. And contemplate this cool thing called life and living.


No comments:

Post a Comment